As “Flu” season approaches, new data sheds light on key symptom differences and timing between COVID 19 and Influenza. Dr. Seheult of https://www.medcram.com also discusses the pandemic strategy in Sweden, tocilizumab (Actemra), new coronavirus outbreaks in Hawaii, and the hierarchy of clinical data. The update concludes with images of some of the possible cardiac impacts of COVID-19 (This video was recorded August 18, 2020).
LINKS / REFERENCES:
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
MedCram ECG Course | https://www.medcram.com/courses/ekg-ecg-interpretation-explained-clearly
Journal of Cardiac Failure | https://www.onlinejcf.com/article/S1071-9164(20)30605-9/fulltext
MedPage Today | https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/87812
Frontiers in Public Health | https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fpubh.2020.00473/full
The Lancet | https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanrhe/article/PIIS2665-9913(20)30277-0/fulltext
Roche | https://www.roche.com/investors/updates/inv-update-2020-07-29.htm
WebMD | https://www.webmd.com/lung/news/20200813/swedens-no-lockdown-policy-didnt-achieve-herd-immunity
Illustration of IL-6 | https://jitc.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40425-018-0343-9/figures/3
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– At Home, Cheap, COVID-19 Tests with Results in 15 Minutes: How to Fix Testing with Dr. Michael Mina https://youtu.be/cP-MHKU_cQE
– COVID-19 Pandemic Update 101: T Cell Immunity vs. Antibodies & Prior Exposure to Other Coronaviruses https://youtu.be/i536vS3z3e8
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 100: Interferon Beta COVID-19 Treatment, and a Retrospective https://youtu.be/W1dA9VhL60A
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 99: “Long Haulers” – Lingering & Long-Term Symptoms After COVID-19 https://youtu.be/tFXr14xmuGw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 98: At Home COVID-19 Testing – A Possible Breakthrough https://youtu.be/h7Sv_pS8MgQ
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 97: Vitamin D & COVID-19 Immunity, The Endothelium, & Deficiencies https://youtu.be/Mdc7T2UTHBI
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 96: RNA Vaccine; Ivermectin; von Willebrand Factor and COVID-19 https://youtu.be/kk7KNBak-i0
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 95: Widespread Clotting on Autopsy; New COVID-19 Prognostic Data https://youtu.be/bPDVzt79UMU
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 94: Inhaled Steroids COVID-19 Treatment; New Pneumonia in Kazakhstan? https://youtu.be/BG5pEDKbQv0
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 93: Antibodies, Immunity, & Prevalence of COVID-19 – New Data from Spain https://youtu.be/KRCnj3c_x7U
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 92: Blood Clots & COVID-19 – New Research & Potential Role of NAC https://youtu.be/kK-DNyKnb5c
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability https://youtu.be/XIEmvEQzAf4
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine developments, dexamethasone, Tocilizumab, Rapid COVID-19 Testing, paper COVID 19 antigen tests, beta interferon, outbreaks in Sweden, COVID 19 in Hawaii, vitamin D, SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests, coronavirus misinformation, COVID 19 tests, peer-reviewed research, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: email@example.com
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
Tweets by MedCramVideos
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed