Coronavirus epidemic update 15 by pulmonologist Dr. Seheult of https://www.MedCram.com.
Includes a discussion about underreporting of novel coronavirus infections and deaths, and a case report about a patient with an apparent 24 day incubation period that may indicate a double infection per the WHO (note this article has not been peer-reviewed). Dr. Seheult also reviews coronavirus (now referred to as COVID-19) strategies discussed in prior MedCram videos and looks ahead to possible and practical immune-enhancing strategies.
PLEASE NOTE: This video was recorded on February 11, 2020. Our more recent COVID-19 updates can be accessed free at our website https://www.medcram.com/courses/coronavirus-outbreak-symptoms-treatment or here on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQ_IRFkDInv_zLVFTgXA8tW0Mf1iiuuM_
We’ve produced each COVID-19 video with the best information we could access at the time of recording. Naturally, some videos will contain information that has become outdated or replaced by better information or research.
That said, we believe each video contains concepts that have enduring value and reviewing how the response to COVID-19 has progressed over time may be of interest to you as well.
See our prior videos on the novel coronavirus:
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 14: Hospital spread of infection, WHO allowed in China, N-95 masks: https://youtu.be/pDnmHu8x9C4
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 13: Li Wenliang, nCoV vs Influenza, Dip in Daily Cases, Spread to Canada: https://youtu.be/0UgrPgJdzp0
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 12: Unsupported Theories, Pneumonia, ACE2 & nCoV: https://youtu.be/GT3_A1bf9pU
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 11: Antiviral Drugs, Treatment Trials for nCoV (Remdesivir, Chloroquine): https://youtu.be/pfGpdFNHoqQ
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 10: New Studies, Transmission, Spread from Wuhan, Prevention (2019-nCoV): https://youtu.be/gPwfiQgGsFo
– Coronavirus Epidemic Update 9: Fecal-Oral Transmission, Recovery vs Death Rate: https://youtu.be/8Hjy3UfaTSc
– Coronavirus Outbreak Update 8: Travel Ban, Spread Outside of China, Quarantine, & MRSA: https://youtu.be/GpbUoLvpdCo
– How Coronavirus Kills: Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome (ARDS) & Treatment: https://youtu.be/okg7uq_HrhQ
Source LINKS referenced in this video:
Speaker: Roger Seheult, MD
Co-Founder of MedCram.com
Clinical and Exam Preparation Instructor
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Medical education topics explained clearly including: Respiratory lectures such as Asthma and COPD. Renal lectures on Acute Renal Failure, Urinalysis, and The Adrenal Gland. Internal medicine videos on Oxygen Hemoglobin Dissociation Curve / Oxyhemoglobin Curve and Medical Acid Base. A growing library on critical care topics such as Shock, Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA), aortic stenosis, and Mechanical Ventilation. Cardiology videos on Hypertension, ECG / EKG Interpretation, and heart failure. VQ Mismatch and Hyponatremia lectures have been popular among medical students and physicians. The Pulmonary Function Tests (PFTs) videos, 2019 novel coronavirus in china, 2019 ncov, coronavirus news, coronavirus prevention, antiviral drugs, wuhan virus outbreak, 武汉 肺炎, CDC, infectious disease, corona virus, MERS, SARS, infectious diseases, Wuhan coronavirus, world health organization, and Ventilator-associated pneumonia lectures have been particularly popular with RTs. NPs and PAs have provided great feedback on Pneumonia Treatment and Liver Function Tests among many others. Mechanical ventilation for nursing and the emergency & critical care RN course is available at MedCram.com. Dr. Jacquet teaches our EFAST exam tutorial, lung sonography & bedside ultrasound courses. Many nursing students have found the Asthma and shock lectures very helpful.
Visit our Website! https://www.MedCram.com
Produced by Kyle Allred, PA
Please Note: MedCram medical videos, medical lectures, medical illustrations, and medical animations are for medical education and exam preparation purposes, and not intended to replace recommendations by your doctor or health care provider.
#coronavirus #COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #MedCram